- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp Papa Vince Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- Papa Vince Sea Salt
- Papa Vince Tomato Sauce (to serve)
- Fresh basil and fresh Parmesan (to serve)
How to make
- Pour flour on a wooden surface and make a well in the middle.
- Crack the 2 eggs into the well.
- Add 1 tsp of Papa Vince EVOO & a pinch of Papa Vince Sea Salt.
- Mix the eggs first with a fork and then slowly add in the flour. First use the fork and then with your hands.
- Start kneading the mix for approximately 3-4 minutes until it resembles a dough.
- Moisten the dough by adding water to your hands or directly onto the dough.
- Place in the refrigerator in plastic wrap and chill for at least 30 minutes or overnight if you want to prepare your pasta the next day.
- When you're ready to make your pasta, cut off a section of the dough and start passing it through a manual pasta machine.
- Start with the widest setting, you can pass it through twice and even double the dough again to keep it straight.
- Then go to the next setting and continue until you get to setting 2 or 3. You don't want the dough to be too thin or it won't cook well.
- Sprinkle flour over your dough sheets to stop them sticking to each other and keep the pasta on a wooden surface.
- Cook the pasta in boiling water for 2 minutes.
- Transfer directly to prepared Papa Vince tomato sauce.
- Serve with freshly grated parmesan, torn basil and a splash of Papa Vince EVOO.
Traditionally every Italian made their own pasta but nowadays for most families it's only on special events and holidays. It takes a little more preparation time than prepackaged pasta but it tastes so much better.
Chef Federico shows how you can easily make your own pasta.