- Medium sized Beets, steamed, peeled & chopped
- 1 Tomato
- Few torn Basil Leaves
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 cup Walnuts
- Papa Vince Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Papa Vince Sea Salt
- Papa Vince Busiate Pasta to serve
How to make
- Put all the ingredients in the blender & blend until mixture resembles a bright pink pesto.
- Taste & add extra EVOO / salt if required.
- You can use the pesto sauce cold or & save it in the refrigerator or heat it up gently with some more EVOO.
- Add cooked pasta, & a little more Parmesan Cheese.
- Sprinkle some more EVOO, Parmesan Cheese and chopped walnuts to serve.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serves: 4 people (appetizer sized portions)
You can make the Beet Pesto and enjoy it cold as a dip or on top of mini toasts as an appetizer. We show you how to use it as a pasta sauce with extra walnuts, Parmesan cheese and a sprinkle of Papa Vince EVOO.