Balsamic Chicken Busiate is one of those recipes where the sauce reigns supreme. This particular recipe creates a delightful symphony of flavors by combining: the richness of balsamic vinegar, the creaminess of heavy cream, and the depth of chicken broth. A touch of sweetness, a hint of tanginess, and an overall lusciousness define this creamy sauce, making it an absolute sensation for the taste buds.
The secret to its exceptional nature lies in reducing the balsamic vinegar until it reaches a slightly syrupy consistency, intensifying its flavors and allowing its sweet-tart essence to stand out truly. Yet, even amidst the luxurious creaminess, the distinct character of the vinegar remains undiminished.
To enhance the savory character, we've added earthy mushrooms and smoky bacon to the mix. And as a final touch, we've thrown in some rich spinach to bring a refreshing balance to the dish. This dish is truly a masterpiece when served atop a bed of perfectly cooked Al Dente Ancient Grain Busiate Pasta.
So why not take a culinary journey to Italy tonight? Whip up a batch of Balsamic Chicken Busiate and savor an unforgettable dining experience.
Serves: 4 servings - Prep Time: 10 min - Cook Time: 25 min
- ½ pack (250 gr) Papa Vince Busiate Pasta - Durum or Tumminia
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 lb. total)
- 5 slices bacon, cut crosswise into 1/2" pieces
- 8 oz. Italian mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. Papa Vince Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Papa Vince Aged Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 5 oz. Baby spinach (about 5 packed cups)
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan
- Trapani Sea Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
How to Make
(1) Cook Bacon & Mushrooms
Evenly distribute bacon and mushrooms in a large skillet, ideally cast-iron or nonstick. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the bacon is crisp and the mushrooms are tender and browned (approximately 10 to 12 minutes)
(2) Cook the Chicken
1. Season the chicken with 1 tsp of sea salt and 1/4 tsp of pepper, ensuring even coverage.
2. Heat the extra virgin olive oil in the same skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, cook the chicken, turning occasionally until it is golden brown and is cooked through (around 5 to 7 minutes per side).
3. Move the cooked chicken to another plate.
(3) Cook the Pasta - like an Italian!
1. Meanwhile, in a large pot, bring water to boil at a rolling point and add Papa Vince Sea Salt AFTER the water has boiled.
2. Add Papa Vince Busiate Pasta, and when the water starts to boil again, check the pasta to see if it's cooked to your desired texture. We eat it Al-Dente, soft and yet crunchy simultaneously!
3. When cooked to your desired texture, add cool water to the hot pot to prevent the pasta from overcooking. Strain and set aside.
(4) Create the Creamy Sauce.
1. Using the same skillet over medium heat, stir the garlic until it turns a light golden hue and emits a fragrant aroma (about 1 minute).
2. Add the balsamic vinegar, bring it to a boil, and cook while stirring occasionally until it thickens, becomes syrupy, and reduces by approximately half (around 1 minute).
3. Add the cream, broth, and 1/2 tsp of sea salt. Bring the mixture to a simmer, whisking until it becomes smooth, and then let it continue simmering over medium heat until it slightly thickens (about 5 minutes).
1. Introduce the spinach and parmesan to the skillet and cook while stirring until the spinach wails (about 1 minute).
2. Return the chicken and bacon mixture to the skillet, ensuring the chicken is coated with sauce. Cook and turn until heated and evenly coated with sauce (around 2 minutes).
3. Combine the cooked pasta with the sauce, ensuring it is thoroughly coated. Drizzle a splash of Extra Virgin Olive Oil to add extra moisture if necessary.
(6) Serve & Enjoy!
Serve with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and freshly grated Parmesan cheese!
About this Recipe
BALSAMIC VINEGAR REDUCTION - the recipe highlights reducing balsamic vinegar until it reaches a slightly syrupy consistency. This process intensifies the flavors and allows the sweet-tart essence of the vinegar to shine through in the sauce.
MUSHROOM & BACON DUO - adding mushrooms and bacon brings an earthy and smoky allure to the dish, enhancing its savory profile and providing a depth of flavors.
BALANCING FRESHNESS WITH SPINACH - spinach is introduced to the dish, adding a pop of green color and refreshing freshness. It helps balance the richness of the creamy sauce and complements the other ingredients.
PASTA CHOICE - we suggest serving over Al Dente Ancient Grain Busiate Pasta. This choice of pasta adds an exciting twist by incorporating ancient grains, which can provide additional nutritional benefits and a unique texture to the dish.
VERSATILITY - the recipe can be enjoyed for casual weeknight meals and special occasions. It comes together in approximately half an hour, making it convenient for everyday cooking. However, the combination of flavors and the creamy sauce make it suitable for serving as a more indulgent dish during celebratory moments.
Get ready to experience a mouthwatering symphony of flavors with this creamy balsamic chicken pasta recipe. You'll create a downright indulgent sauce by reducing balsamic vinegar, adding savory mushrooms and smoky bacon, and throwing in some fresh spinach. And here's the kicker: using ancient grain pasta adds a wholesome twist to the dish, making it even more satisfying.
Whether you're whipping up a quick weeknight dinner or planning a special occasion feast, this recipe covers you. So prepare to transport your taste buds to Italy and savor every incredible bite.