- 2 lbs chicken (thighs or breast, we used both)
- 1lb carrots
- 1 large onion
- 3 or 4 white potatoes
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 5-6 cloves of garlic (or more or less depending on your taste)
- Fresh Italian Parsley
- Papa Vince Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- Papa Vince Sea Salt
How to make
- Put on a large pot of water to boil.
- Chop the garlic and mix with the Italian parsley, 1 teaspoon of Papa Vince Sea Salt & 1/2 cup of Papa Vince EVOO (we used a pestle & mortar to mix)
- Coat the raw chicken with the seasoning prepared in step 2 and leave it to season for 10 minutes. This makes all the difference to the flavor.
- Peel & chop your vegetables into large chunks. Use the Papa Vince Peeler.
- Add the chicken to the boiling water and leave it to cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the vegetables and leave the soup to cook on a high heat for 30 minutes.
- Taste & add more salt if required. Serve with some extra EVOO on top for added flavor.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Serves: 5-6
My mom has been making this recipe since before I was born, I think her mother made it before she did! This chicken soup is hearty, wholesome, makes you feel good & when served with some extra Papa Vince EVOO on top, the flavor is out of this world!