- 1/2 lb Papa Vince Busiate Pasta
- 1 lb raw shrimp
- 1 carrot
- 2 green onions
- 1 celery stalk
- Papa Vince Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- Papa Vince Lemon Olive Oil
- Papa Vince Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- Fresh parsley to garnish
How to make
- Remove the shells from the shrimp and boil the shells in water for up to 30 minutes. Do not discard the water, remove the shells, add some Papa Vince Sea Salt and use this to make your pasta.
- Cut up the vegetables into very fine pieces.
- When the pasta has been cooking in the pot for 7-8 minutes, add in the raw shrimp and allow it to cook with the pasta for the last 2 minutes.
- Drain the water and put the pasta and shrimp in a serving bowl with the prepared veggies.
- In a small bowl mix together 1/2 cup Papa Vince EVOO, 1/2 cup Papa Vince Lemon Olive Oil, 1 tsp Old Bay Seasoning, 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce. Combine and pour over the pasta salad.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Garnish with fresh parsley.
- Can be made the day before and it may be even more flavorful.
- Buon Appetito!
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serves: 6-8 people
The memories of this shrimp salad stayed with me long after I first tasted it. I think that part of the reason is that it was the first time I was introduced to Papa Vince Busiate Pasta. I am not a pasta lover but I love to eat this artisan crafted pasta made with stone ground grain and imported from Sicily. It's not your average box from the grocery store and it makes the perfect dinner whether it's served hot or cold.
Italians don't eat so much pasta salad but here in coastal Alabama this dish is perfect for a light lunch and is a definite crowd pleaser at a pot luck! And it's another excuse to eat some more shrimp! In this recipe it's perfectly paired with the delicate flavor of Papa Vince lemon olive oil. I enjoyed it so much, I just had to learn how to make it myself and you should do the same!