Easy roasted asparagus salad recipe - This Mediterranean-style dish is full of flavor and features extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) as its main character. With just a few simple ingredients, this delicious salad can be on the table in less than 30 minutes!
These ingredients create a perfect balance of flavors that will leave you feeling satisfied yet energized.
IMPORTANT: According to a study by King’s College London published in the journal PNAS combining extra virgin olive oil with abundant nitrites and nitrates found in most vegetables, it may result in decrease blood pressure naturally. See link to study below.
Servings: 6 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 ½ lb asparagus
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes - chopped
- 15 large basil leaves
- Shaved Parmesan cheese - to taste
- Papa Vince Extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup Papa Vince Extra virgin olive oil
- Papa Vince Sea Salt - to taste
- ¼ cup Papa Vince 8-year aged Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 garlic clove (optional)
- Freshly ground Black Pepper
HOW TO MAKE
(1) Preheat oven to 400 F
(2) Chop the asparagus “woody” ends
(3) Line a baking sheet and sprinkle lightly with extra virgin olive oil. Spread the asparagus spears in one layer on top of the baking sheet. Give them a sprinkle of salt and drizzle generously with extra virgin olive oil, then gently toss to coat evenly.
(4) Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes until tender; when done, remove from heat and let cool slightly before serving.
(5) Create the Zesty Vinaigrette: vigorously whisk together the balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
(6) In a bowl, mix the cherry tomatoes, cheese and vinaigrette.
(7) Gather the roasted asparagus on a plate and top with the tomato-cheese combination. Sprinkle the freshly chopped basil leaves atop your dish for added flavor.
(8) Finish with a drizzle of Papa Vince Extra Virgin Olive Oil and enjoy!
- It can be cooked in a variety of ways, including boiling, grilling, steaming, roasting and sautéing.
- Many nutrients but few calories - it’s low in calories but boasts an impressive nutrient profile. Asparagus also possesses small amounts of other micronutrients, including iron, zinc and riboflavin.
- Excellent source of Vitamin K - essential nutrient involved in blood clotting and bone health
- Good source of antioxidants, including vitamins C and E, flavonoids and polyphenols
- Promotes regularity and digestive health and may help reduce your risk of heart disease, high blood pressure and diabetes.
- Contains potassium, a mineral that can help lower high blood pressure.
- Weight-loss friendly food - It’s low in calories, high in water and rich in fiber.
- You may also replace the Vinaigrette above with Papa Vince Salad Dressing Vinaigrette - It contains 5 ingredients only: Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Aged Balsamic Vinegar, Sea Salt, Lemons and Black Pepper. It’s Low Sodium, Gluten Free, Sugar & Dairy Free.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil: may promote clean and flexible arteries for a great blood flow, support a clear mind and concentration, comfort worn-down joints and weary muscles, and even may boost the immune system.
- Balsamic Vinegar: may help reduce sugar rush, boosts energy naturally, may support wound healing, ease digestion, and soothe acid reflux.
At Papa Vince, we strive to enhance people's lives through food that genuinely promotes health. All of our products abide by the same basic principle: made in small batches using only top-notch ingredients so that you can experience Mother Nature's flavors instead of standardized corporate tastes.
We also Lab tested all our products to ensure no pesticides, insecticides, and herbicides are used in farming.
Study: "Protection from hypertension in mice by the Mediterranean diet is mediated by nitro fatty acid inhibition of soluble epoxide hydrolase" - PNAS (Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences)
Date accessed: 01/25/2023.
Link to study - click here