- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons PAPA VINCE extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free tamari
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder or 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 2 small zucchini, sliced
- 2 small summer squash, sliced
- 1 large orange or red sweet bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
How to make
- Put the onion, olive oil and crushed red pepper into a sauté pan.
- Cover and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for about 7 minutes or until the onion becomes slightly translucent.
- Add the tamari, garlic, zucchini, summer squash and sweet pepper.
- Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 6 minutes or until the squash and pepper are both cooked al dente.
- Serve immediately.
To decrease the fat content in many savory dishes, you can replace some or all of the oil used in stovetop cooking with vegetable broth or water. Use 3 tablespoons of either veggie broth or water to replace 1 tablespoon of oil. Unlike oil, these liquids will evaporate during cooking, so be very watchful and add more as needed.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serves: 4 people
Recipe from Vegan For Everyone by Laura Theodore. Published by Scribe Publishing Company, ©2020. Reprinted by permission.