Mediterranean / Vegan Diet
- 1 large onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 lb zucchini
- 3 jars Papa Vince Cherry Tomato Sauce
- 1 lb Papa Vince Busiate Pasta, Durum or Tumminia (1 pack)
- Papa Vince Sea Salt
- Papa Vince Extra Virgin Olive Oil
How to make
- Put water in a pot to boil to make the pasta.Don’t add salt at this stage.
- Cut up the vegetables.
- Add some EVOO to a frying pan, at medium heat.
- Pan fry onions & then when slightly browned add the garlic.
- Add more EVOO as necessary.
- Add the tomato sauce and when it’s boiling add the zucchini slices.
- Cover the pot and let it simmer for 20 minutes until the zucchini is al dente (chewy & tender at the same time).
- When the water boils add some sea salt to the pot and then add the pasta.
- Stir the pot and cook at the same temperature for 10 minutes until the pasta is al dente.
- When you’re happy with the texture of the pasta, pour in a glass of cool water to stop the pasta from continuing to cook.
- Stir in some more EVOO to stop it from sticking, then stir the vegetable tomato sauce into the pasta.Mix, serve and enjoy.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time:25 mins
- Serves: 6 people
We used zucchini as our main vegetable ingredient, you can use green beans or cauliflower or your favorite combination of vegetables. We also like to add a lot of garlic, you can use more or less depending on your taste. We also used 2 different types of pasta. The shape is called Busiate which is traditional pasta from Sicily. The darker pasta is made from tumminia ancient grain & has 6 times more fiber than regular pasta. The yellow durum pasta is made from stone ground semolina which is high in nutrients and protein.