- 2 cups Fresh Ricotta
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- Handful of Fresh Basil
- Handful of Walnuts
- 1-2 cloves of Garlic
- 3-4 fresh chopped Tomatoes
- Papa Vince Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup Papa Vince Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 bag Papa Vince Busiate Pasta to serve
How to make
- Chop the tomatoes.
- Place all the ingredients in the blender and blend until you have the desired consistency. Taste and add more salt if needed.
- Place the pesto in a frying pan at a high heat. Stir in the pan until hot and then add cooked busiate pasta and mix together.
- Serve with extra Parmesan Cheese, chopped walnuts, chopped tomatoes and a dash of extra EVOO.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
This is a traditional recipe with many of the flavors of Sicily. It makes a tasty & healthy pesto sauce that's ready in less than 30 minutes and can be served with Papa Vince Busiate Pasta.
You can use any nuts in this recipe but Chef Federico likes to use walnuts for their nutritional profile. Walnuts have a higher level of both anti-oxidants and omega 3 fatty acids than any other nut and can help to lower the risk of certain diseases as well as support heart and brain health and healthy aging.