Dessert Recipe / Lemon Fused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Indulge in the delightful fusion of citrus and richness with our Lemon Olive Oil Cake recipe. This unique dessert takes the traditional cake concept. It elevates it with the bright and tangy essence of fresh lemons combined harmoniously with olive oil's smooth, velvety touch. The result is an irresistible treat that will leave your taste buds craving more.
Delightful Tastes and Luscious Moistness
What sets this Lemon Olive Oil Cake apart is its exceptional flavor profile. The show's real star is the Lemon Fused Extra Virgin Olive Oil, which lends a velvety texture and a subtle, fruity undertone, elevating the cake to a new level of sophistication.
Unlike traditional cakes made with butter, this recipe showcases the moisture-retaining qualities of extra virgin olive oil, resulting in a lusciously moist crumb that remains tender and succulent for days. Each slice is an irresistible balance of bright, citrusy notes and olive oil's rich, smooth essence.
In a Snap, You're Set
From start to finish, this recipe's approximate preparation and baking time is just under an hour. It's perfect for a quick and impressive dessert for a dinner party or a weekend family treat. Whether you serve it as an afternoon delight, a sweet ending to a special meal, or with a cup of tea or coffee, this Lemon Olive Oil Cake is sure to captivate hearts and taste buds alike.
Lemon Olive Oil Cake Recipe
Serves: 12 servings - Cook Time: 1 hour
Use a: 9-inch springform pan
Delight in the perfect harmony of flavors and textures with this Lemon Olive Oil Cake. Prepare to gather these exquisite ingredients:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar, plus 2 tbsp for sprinkling the top
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup lemon fused extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Zest from 3 lemons
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole milk
- Powdered sugar for dusting
Orange or Tangerine Alternatives
You can use classic extra virgin olive oil and fresh juice instead of Lemon Fused Extra Virgin Olive Oil and lemon juice for a delightful twist. Embrace the vibrant citrus flavors with this alternative, infusing the cake with the essence of either orange or tangerine. The choice is yours, and the result will be a uniquely delicious cake that celebrates the refreshing taste of these bright fruits.
How to Make
(1) Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease the bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan thoroughly and line the bottom with parchment paper. To prevent leaks, wrap the outside of the pan with foil.
(2) Whisk the lemon olive oil, eggs, and sugar in a large mixing bowl until well combined.
(3) Add the vanilla extract, lemon zest, and lemon juice to the wet ingredients. Please give it a brief whisk to incorporate the flavors.
(4) Sift the salt, baking powder, baking soda, and flour together. Alternating with the milk, add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture in a few batches. Be careful not to over-mix; the goal is to combine everything until no streaks of dry flour remain.
(5) Pour the batter into the prepared springform pan. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar evenly over the top of the batter.
(6) Bake the cake for 50-55 minutes. It should rise and develop a slightly golden brown top. Note that ovens can vary, so if the center is not fully cooked, you may need to bake it a bit longer. If the top becomes too brown during baking, you can loosely cover it with foil.
(7) Once out of the oven, let the cake cool in the pan for about 10 minutes. Afterward, carefully remove the cake from the springform pan and place it on a baking rack to cool completely.
(8) Once the cake is cooled, dust the top with powdered sugar if desired.
Ingredients: 1 cup powdered sugar, 2-3 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice or orange/tangerine juice (depending on the flavor profile you used for the cake), 1 teaspoon lemon zest or orange/tangerine zest (optional, for added citrus flavor).
How to Make: In a medium-sized bowl, mix the powdered sugar with 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon, orange, or tangerine juice. Gradually add more juice, as needed, to achieve your desired glaze consistency. Stir until you get a smooth and pourable glaze. Consider adding lemon, orange, or tangerine zest to the glaze for an extra burst of citrus flavor. Grate the zest into the bowl and mix it in thoroughly.
How to Serve:
- Place the cooled cake on a serving plate or cake stand.
- Drizzle the glaze evenly over the top of the cake using a spoon or small whisk. You can gently spread the glaze towards the edges, allowing it to drip slightly down the sides.
- If you prefer a thicker glaze, allow it to set for a few minutes after drizzling the first layer, and then apply a second coat of glaze.
- Let the glaze set for a few minutes before slicing and serving the cake.
The glaze is an excellent way to enhance the citrus flavors of the cake and provide an elegant finishing touch. Whether you opt for the Lemon Olive Oil Cake or its Orange/Tangerine alternative, this moist and flavorful treat can be enjoyed with or without the glaze, adding a delightful sweetness and tanginess to each bite.
What to do with Leftovers?
To maintain the freshness of your Lemon Olive Oil Cake or Orange/Tangerine alternative, follow these tips:
- Let the cake cool completely before storing it to prevent condensation.
- Wrap the cake tightly with plastic wrap, foil, or place it in an airtight container.
- Choose between storing at room temperature for 1-2 days or refrigerating for 3-4 days.
- Keep the cake away from direct sunlight and heat sources.
- Optionally, freeze individual slices in plastic wrap and freezer bags for up to 2-3 months. Thaw before serving.
Following these guidelines will help preserve your cake's delightful flavor and moist texture. Enjoy it over several days or for special occasions with confidence in its freshness.
It's Time to Seal the Deal (With Deliciousness!)
Explore the fantastic flavors of our Lemon Olive Oil Cake! It's like going on a delicious adventure for your taste buds. The cake has a tangy lemon taste, a smooth and rich olive oil texture, and it's so moist and yummy.
This cake is perfect for any occasion, from hanging out with friends to fancy parties with family. You can enjoy it as a tasty afternoon snack, a treat after dinner, or whenever you want something sweet.
So, give it a try! Just follow the easy steps to make this fantastic cake. You'll be amazed by the beautiful taste, and it might just become your new favorite dessert! Enjoy this special cake that will make your taste buds very happy!