- 3 Italian Zucchini
- 1 Eggplant
- 3 Tomatoes
- 1 Garlic clove
- Papa Vince Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Papa Vince Sea Salt to taste
- Fresh Basil
How to make
- Fill a pot with water and heat to boiling, ready to make the pasta.
- Peel the eggplant using our Papa Vince Peeler. If you like the taste of the skin, you can leave it on, it's just personal preference.
- Chop the tomatoes, eggplant and zucchini into small pieces.
- Warm a frying pan on the stove using a medium heat and then add Extra Virgin Olive oil to warm gently before adding other ingredients.
- Add the zucchini to the frying pan and saute in the EVOO until it's starting to turn golden, then add the eggplant and the garlic. Chef Federico just adds the whole garlic clove.
- Add the Sea Salt to the pan, a little at first, you can always add more later. Finally add the tomatoes and stir all the ingredients together. Continue to saute until the eggplant is soft.
- Tear the fresh basil into pieces and add to the pot. The sauce is now ready. Make sure you turn it to a low heat while waiting for your pasta to be ready, we always eat it 'al dente'. You can also add some water from the pasta to the vegetables to stop it from drying out.
- When everything is ready, toss the vegetables into the pasta and mix thoroughly. Finish with some EVOO on the top ... just like the Italians!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serves: 5 people
This is Chef Federico's recipe from Rome. It's a simple dish with fresh ingredients which is tasty and healthy at the same time. Make sure you watch Chef Federico on the video for some tips on how to make it taste especially delicious!
Watch Chef Federico in the video above & enjoy!!