- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 orange
- several sprigs of parsley
- Papa Vince Sea Salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp of Papa Vince Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 2 tbsp of Papa Vince Balsamic Vinegar
How to make
- Clean the fennel thoroughly.
- Cut lengthways and then slice thinly.
- Peel the orange and remove the thin skin that covers the pulp. As you do this, juice will come out. Make sure to collect it in a bowl.
- Cut the pulp into cubes.
- In a bowl, mix the juice with Papa Vince EVOO and Papa Vince Vinegar.
- Add Papa Vince Sea Salt to taste.
- Add pepper to taste.
- Add chopped parsley and serve.
- >Buon Appetito!!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Serves: 2 people
Many Italians & especially Sicilians like to end a meal with sliced raw fennel, believing that this crisp vegetable will aid digestion. Also known as sweet anise, it has a licorice like flavor and a crunchy texture. Fennel paired with orange and a tangy vinaigrette, as in this recipe, makes a delightfully exotic salad!