- 1 bunch of broccoli rabe
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 medium onion
- 4 Tbsp Papa Vince Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Papa Vince Sea Salt to taste
How to make
- Clean and chop the broccoli rabe (omit only end stems and yellow leaves. The rest of the stems are delicious!).
- Peel the garlic and chop it finely.
- Peel the onion and chop it finely.
- Saute the onion for 5 minutes in Papa Vince Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Use a deep pot to fit the whole bunch of broccoli rabe.
- When the onions are golden, add the chopped garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the bunch of broccoli rabe with 3/4 of large glass of water.
- Let the broccoli rabe steam for 13 to 15 minutes (duration depends on whether or not you like it "Al Dente" or softer).
- Add salt to taste.
- Sprinkle Papa Vince's Extra Virgin Olive Oil on top before serving. The later you serve it is the real secret!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 13-15 min
- Serves: 4-6 people
My family loves Broccoli Rabe. It's one of the staples in our family kitchen. It can be slightly bitter, but when combined with Papa Vince's Raw Extra Virgin Olive Oil, it is simply out of this world.
Watch the video to see how we make it.