- 1/4 lb of Raw Almonds
How to make
- Place the almonds in a saucepan
- On the stove, toast the almonds a little in a saucepan until they become slightly dark brown in color. This should take a few minutes.
- Let them cool
- Place the cooled almonds into the food processor and mix them until they obtain a grainy texture like sand, do not grind into a powder
- Sprinkle on pasta like grated cheese
- Store in the refrigerator.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- CookTime: 15 min
- Serves: 4 people
In times gone by, cheese was expensive in Sicily and the people found a very creative way to replace the cheese in their pasta, using Almond Crumbs as a topping.
It may be different for you but give it a try, it's absolutely delicious!
This Recipe is also super simple and it will make you a star in the kitchen!