- 1 lb lean beef cut into cubes (we used shoulder steak)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1/2 lb green peas
- 2 jars Papa Vince Cherry Tomato Sauce
- 1 lb Papa Vince Busiate Pasta
- Papa Vince Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Black pepper
How to make
- Fill a pot with water and heat to boiling in order to make your pasta.
- Add some Papa Vince EVOO to a frying pan at medium heat on the stove.
- Add the onions & fry gently.
- When they start to turn golden add the beef and stir while it cooks.
- When the beef turns brown, add the peas and mix everything together.
- Add in the Papa Vince tomato sauce and stir. Add in some black pepper if desired.
- Leave it to simmer on a low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When the water boils, add Papa Vince Sea Salt and then the bag of Papa Vince Busiate Pasta.
- Let it cook on a medium heat for 9 minutes until 'al dente', then drain the water. You can also add cold water before draining, it will stop the pasta from continuing to cook.
- We like to mix some sauce into the pasta so that it absorbs the flavor.
- Serve the pasta topped with extra Spezzatino sauce.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serves: 6-8 people
Pasta Spezzatino is a classic Italian recipe, named after the small cubes of beef. That's what 'spezzatino' means, 'little cubes of meat'. The meat is gently cooked in a rich tomato sauce and served on top of pasta. Traditional recipes add in mushrooms & carrots but my mom & I love garden peas so that's what we use in our family and it's called 'Pasta Spezzatino e piselli'. My mom loves this recipe and she's already looking forward to sharing her 'Spezzatino con Patate' recipe with you. It's definitely cooking season in the Papa Vince kitchen.