We use Cashews in this recipe to make it creamy and flavorful. Cashews contain healthy fats, proteins, and even carbohydrates, making them a great source of nutrition for any plant-based diet.
Serves: 6-8 servings - Prep and Cook Time: 25 min
- 1.1 lb of Papa Vince Durum or Tumminia Pasta
- 1 jar of Papa Vince Cherry Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup Cashews
- 1/4 cup Water
- Herbs and salt to taste
- Optional: 1 garlic clove
HOW TO MAKE
(1) Cook the pasta - like an Italian. In a pot boil water to rolling point and after the water boils add salt (not before), add the pasta and when water boils again check the pasta to see if it's cooked to your desired texture.
Remember: we eat it Al-Dente, soft and yet crunchy at the same time.
Learn more about: How to cook pasta like an Italian
*Note* Many Italians cook their pasta to al dente perfection. This means 'to the tooth' and refers to a texture that is both tender and chewy at the same time. Then they throw cold water over it to cool it down. This is what Mama taught them to do… because it stops the pasta from continuing to cook.
Research has shown that this process actually alters the chemical structure of carbohydrates in foods and converts it into a ‘resistant starch.’ It is named as such because it is resistant to digestion and the body can’t break it down. Resistant starch strengthens your gut by feeding the good bacteria, it reduces insulin resistance and doesn’t cause blood sugar spikes. It can also burn fat and help to reduce your appetite because you feel fuller more quickly.
It’s an easy little habit to put into practice, then of course, think of those cold summer pasta salads.
(2) Drain the pasta, while throwing cold water, and toss with the sauce over low heat to warm.
(3) Cashew Cream - In a blender, blend the cashews with water, garlic (if using), and salt. Blend until very smooth.
(4) Add the Cashew Cream mix to the pasta pot and stir until creamy and wonderful.
(5) Top the pasta with salt, pepper, and herbs, and serve with meat or veggies.
Serve with Papa Vince Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Before serving, DRIZZLE Papa Vince Extra Virgin Olive Oil and enjoy its delightful peppery finish and all its benefits.
Papa Vince EVOO contains Polyphenols and is High in Antioxidants: Vitamin E (17% DV) - only premium quality extra virgin olive oil contains vitamins.
The peppery kick at the back of your throat is your assurance that it's loaded with polyphenols!
About Papa Vince Ancient Grain Pastas:
- Good source of Fiber & Proteins. Ancient grains are a complete source of naturally occurring proteins & prebiotic fiber (soluble & insoluble).
- Clean Ingredients. Semolina Flour from Durum or Tumminia Wheat and PH balanced Spring Water. It does not contain eggs.
- Whole Grain Pasta. Stone ground grain that contains the original brand, endosperm & wheatgerm of the grain.
- Supports Anti-Inflammatory Diets. Easier to digest, less bloating, contains nutrients unlikes refined or enriched pastas.
- Perfect shape for sauce to cling in. Sicilian Corkscrew-shaped pasta! Its specially designed shape allow for a hearty cling, ensuring you won't miss out on any of those delicious flavors.
About Papa Vince Cherry Tomato Sauce:
- 4 Ingredients Only. Tomatoes, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Basil & Sea Salt.
- Naturally Sweet - no added sugar. Made with vine-ripened cherry tomatoes, hand picked for maximum flavor and freshness.
- Low Acid. A tomato sauce that can be enjoyed by people with a sensitive stomach.
- Single Source. Papa Vince's cherry tomatoes are grown in Ragusa, by dear farmer friends of the Papa Vince family.
- Not Mass Produced. We handpick all our tomatoes when vine-ripened to get the maximum sweetness and the lowest acidity possible.
- In Glass Jars, as Grandma taught us. We preserve the Tomato Sauce the same way grandma taught us 81 years ago: by boiling and vacuum sealing each jar in sealed antiseptic rooms.
We've all experienced those times when we're in desperate need of a nutritious recipe that requires minimal effort and time - most likely when you find yourself sitting in the grocery store's parking lot with no list or plan whatsoever. Well, this is the answer! This is a back pocket recipe: quick, easy, and healthy without any hassle of planning.
Resistan Starch 101: A Complete Beginner's Guide. By Bulletproof Staff
Reviewed by Emily Gonzalez, ND for Scientific Accuracy.
Date Accessed: 03/02/2023
To read the article click here