- 1 lb of dried spaghetti
- 2 lb Fresh ripe tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves
- 5 Fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup of Papa Vince Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Parmesan or Pecorino Cheese
How to make
- Place tomatoes in a kettle, and cover with cold water.
- Bring just to the boil.
- Pour off water, and cover again with cold water.
- Peel. Cut into small pieces.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente.
- In the meantime, place a pinch of salt and garlic in the Mortaro (or similar vessel) and smashed until it has a paste consistency.
- Add fresh basil to the Mortaro, and smashed until paste consistency.
- Add tomatoes to the Mortaro and smashed until is has a sauce consistency.
- Add 2 spoons of Mamma Mia USA EVOO to the sauce in the Mortaro.
- Taste the sauce and add pepper and salt to taste.
- Drain the pasta, but do not rinse in cold water.
- Place back in the large pot and mix thoroughly with the fresh tomato garlic sauce. Serve with Parmesan or Pecorino Cheese
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Serves: 4 people