- 1 large eggplant
- 3 medium zucchini
- ½ lb of cherry tomatoes
- ½ lb of mozzarella cheese
- 1 lb of Pasta (fusili or Farfalle)
- 1 cup of Papa Vince EVOO
- Salt and Pepper to taste
How to make
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the penne, and return to a boil.
- Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite (al dente), about 8 minutes
- Drain and cool by running cold water over the pasta in a colander set in the sink. Mix pasta with a little bit of Mamma Mia Extra Virgin Olive Oil and place in the refrigerator
- Trim ends off eggplant.
- Slice lengthwise, not too thin.
- Place in colander in the sink, toss with salt and let sit for about 20 min to drain bitterness ( brown water will drain from eggplant).
- While eggplant is sitting, trim the ends off of your zucchini and slice lengthwise too.
- After 20 min rinse eggplant and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Before grilling, baste eggplants and zucchini with a little bit of olive oil on both sides of each slice.
- Place on grill or grill pan and cook for 8 minutes, turning once halfway through. You might have to work in two batches.
- Place grilled eggplant and zucchini onto a cutting board to cool.
- Strip lengthwise both the eggplants and the zucchini.
- Chop the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Chop the mozzarella in little squares.
- Combine eggplants, zucchini, cherry tomatoes, mozzarella and the cold pasta in a large bowl.
- Pour Papa Vince Extra Virgin Olive oil and stir to combine.
- Put salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Serves: 5 people