Mediterranean / Vegan / Keto / Whole30 / Paleo Diet
- 3 Eggplants ( Medium size)
- 1 teaspoon of Parsley Pesto
- ½ cup of Papa Vince EVOO
How to make
- Stem the eggplant.
- Peel the Eggplant
- Cut eggplant into long thick slices, halves or rounds, about 1/2 inch thick. Thick slices take direct heat of the grill well.
- Salt slices more than lightly and let drain for at least an hour. This step is very important since salt removes the bitterness.
- Rinse salt off of the eggplant.
- Mix Papa Vince EVOO with Parsley Pesto.
- Baste both sides of each slice well with the Parsley Pesto Oil mix.
- Let the slices absorb the oil mix for 30 minutes.
- Grill until soft.
- Buon Appetito!!
- Prep Time: 2 1/2 hours
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Serves: 8 people
Papa used to love grilled eggplants. In fact, eggplants are the most beloved summer vegetable in Sicily because it may be grilled in almost any form. Above is Papa's favorite way of grilling eggplants. Enjoy it!