- 1 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Papa Vince Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup Papa Vince Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Optional: Sprinkle of Cinnamon
How to Make:
(1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
(2) In a medium bowl, mix the dry ingredients: together the flour, baking soda and sea salt.
(3) In another bowl, combine the wet ingredients: extra virgin olive oil, brown sugar, egg and vanilla. Add the flour mix to the sugar and mix until fully combined.
(4) Once the dough is formed, add in the chocolate chips (and cinnamon) and mix again.
(5) Roll dough into about 12 tablespoon sized balls and place on a parchment paper sheet. CAREFUL: do NOT press down yet.
(6) Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies begin to turn golden brown.
(7) Remove from oven, and GENTLY press down the tops of the cookies to flatten them a little.
About Baking Cookies with Extra Virgin Olive Oil:
Extra Virgin Olive Oil is something of a hidden gem when it comes to baking. Not only does it contain good-for-you omega-3s, but it's flavor adds depth and moisture to cookies without the need for adding extra butter (this also means: Less Dairy!).
With Extra Virgin Olive Oil as an essential ingredient in many cultures' kitchen cupboards worldwide, you are sure to fall head over with these delicious extra virgin olive oil chocolate chip cookies.
The smoothness of the olive oil pairs perfectly with the sweetness of the chocolate chips to create an indulgent treat that will leave your sweet tooth satisfied. Try experimenting with different types of extra virgin olive oils for added complexity in both taste and aroma too!
For example - Try creating Lemon Extra Virgin Olive Oil Cookies.
Simply replace the Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil with Papa Vince Lemon Agrumato EVOO (may also use Papa Vince Orange or Tangerine EVOO)!!
About Semi-Sweet Chocolate:
Cocoa solids are a source of polyphenol antioxidants, such as epicatechin, that can be found in red wine and several kind of berries. It is though to be this componen that gives chocolate its health benefits.
Although milk chocolate may seem tastier than dark chocolate, try opting for semisweet instead: it contains more cocoa but has a milder flavor compared to dark ones and fewer calories than milk chocolates!
Opt for semisweet or dark chocolate in order to avoid any negative effects from milk solids present in milk chocolates; these kinds are also rich sources of iron!
Valentine's Day is the perfect opportunity to show your loved ones just how much you care for them. Baking a delicious treat is one of the best ways to express your feelings and Papa Vince believes that it’s love that makes everything work. This day gives us the excuse to spend some extra time in the kitchen, creating something special for our nearest and dearest.
Whatever you decide to bake, it doesn’t have to be complicated or time consuming – anything made with love will be appreciated.
Nothing says ‘I love you’ like a homemade gift from the heart. It doesn’t matter if it isn’t perfect; we don’t have to make something worthy of a professional pastry chef; all that matters is that we show our loved ones how much we care.
We can take this chance on Valentine's Day to get creative in the kitchen and make something truly special for those we cherish most. Whether it's a thoughtful gesture for someone far away, or an intimate dessert shared between two people, baking can be an expression of affection and appreciation in its own unique way. Put in some extra effort on this day, and put a smile on someone's face with your culinary creations!